Colorado Gives Day—Tuesday, December 4—is just around the corner. I am asking you to support the Denver Architecture Foundation (DAF), an organization important to me and to the future of our great city.
I serve on the DAF Board of Directors and am personally committed to DAF’s mission: inspiring people to explore our dynamic city, experience the importance of design to our quality of life, and envision an exceptional future for Denver. Thanks to our members and supporters, we deliver incredible programs and events reaching over 14,000 youth and adults annually:
- Doors Open Denver, a free 2-day event featuring over 60 historic, modern and iconic architectural sites, plus numerous arts and culture activities.
- Cleworth Architectural Legacy Project, free design education for hundreds of K-12 students in partnership with teachers, architects and engineers.
- Box City, a free 1-day event for K-5 students to experience urban design and architecture with a kid-scaled, indoor city street grid and box buildings.
- Tours & Special Events, ticketed opportunities to explore hard hat sites, historic buildings, streets and public spaces, urban neighborhoods, and private residences.
- Catalytic Denver, a free lecture series organized to spark meaningful dialogue on design issues and how design shapes the way that Denver will grow and change in the future.
- Community Engagement & Education, free training for neighborhood organizations on community planning and development design issues and strategies.
Every year for DAF, I lead numerous “City Transformed” walking tours around downtown Denver, help organize Box City and Doors Open Denver, and in 2019 I’ll be involved in our Catalytic Denver lecture series. These are just some of the ways I’m trying to make a difference in improving the design quality of Denver’s buildings, streets, and public spaces.
Here’s how you can help make a difference too:
At any dollar amount, your tax-deductible donation will help DAF reach our $10,000 fundraising goal and my personal fundraising goal of $1,000. More importantly, your support will enable DAF to connect people to our ever-evolving built environment through tours, events, education and youth programming.
Thank you so much for your support of the Denver Architecture Foundation!
— Ken Schroeppel