Only 31 days until opening!!
We will continue the station tours in the coming weeks prior to opening, but for the time being, take a look at a video posted of the West Rail Line showing how the ride will look. This was taken by KUNC and posted on their YouTube page.
It is an indisputable fact that domestic infrastructure projects – such as the West Rail Line – are an economic generator. Direct and indirect jobs are created, wages are paid, land values change – many, many people benefit. The West Rail Line is a prime example of this. Here are some quick economic impact facts about the West Corridor, courtesy of RTD.
- Direct wages paid – $71,020,000
- Equipment, materials, and supplies – $98,131,000
- Subcontractors (60-98% hired locally) – $250,000,000
- West Rail Line construction provided employment to over 755 people
- 10 light rail bridges
- 3 street bridges (Decatur, Federal, and Sheridan)
- 2 light rail tunnels (Simms/Union and I-70)
- 4 pedestrian structures (3 bridges, 1 tunnel)
- 115 retaining walls with more than 10,000 feet of noise wall
- 20 at-grade crossings
- 9 miles of double-tracked (bi-directional) and 3 miles of single-tracked light rail