Originally at the corner of 17th and Champa was a nineteenth-century structure known as the Railway Exchange Building. In 1909, the Railway Exchange Addition was built on the adjacent lot at 1717 Champa. In 1937, the original Railway Exchange Building was demolished and replaced with the New Railway Exchange Building (later called the Title Building) featuring a white limestone-clad facade in a streamlined Art Moderne style. Both the 1909 addition and the 1937 replacement were designed by Fisher & Fisher and today function together as the home to the Hotel Monaco.
Photos were taken May 2006. © DenverUrbanism, All Rights Reserved.