The 22-story tower at the corner of 17th Street and Tremont Place was built in 1959 as an annex to the 1892 Brown Palace Hotel. First named the Brown Palace West, the hotel became a Comfort Inn in the 1980s and is today a Holiday Inn Express. The pinkish hue to this early modernist tower designed by William B. Tabler is meant to reflect the red sandstone of its historic neighbor. The annex and its historic parent are connected by a skybridge and are co-managed.
Photos were taken May 2006. © DenverUrbanism, All Rights Reserved.