The A.T. Lewis and Son Department Store building was built in 1891 and later expanded horizontally along both 16th Street and Stout Street in 1902. The structure was designed by Robert Roeschlaub in a Renaissance Revival style with terra cotta elements. After A.T. Lewis and Son Department Store went out of business during the Great Depression, the building continued to house department stores under various names until the 1970s. A recent renovation has returned retail to the historic structure with a Ross Dress for Less on the ground floor and residential apartments above.
Photos were taken May 2006. © DenverUrbanism, All Rights Reserved.